Matthew Macfadyen Talks About “Anna Karenina”
The last time I spoke with Mr. Matthew was for Universal’s “Frost/Nixon,” and that was four years ago! So I was looking forward to sitting down with him for the new period drama, “Anna Karenina,” starring Keira Knightley in the title role.
In the film, Macfadyen plays Oblonsky, a civil servant and Anna’s brother. Macfadyen embodies the role of the man about town to a T. In this interview we talked about:
• His role as a catalyst to pull us into the movie
• The theme of love of “Anna Karenina”
• What attracted him to starring in the movie?
• “Anna Karenina’s” post-modernism
• The film’s dazzling audio and visual work
• How did he prepare for the role?
• The film’s resonating line – will you die for love – will Matthew Macfadyen die for love?
Country: United States
bitLanders is a new kind of social, start and claim your rewards!
- +1.000.000 bitMiles! (~$1)