"Puerto Princesa Subterranean River National Park"
The Puerto Princesa Subterranean River National Park is a protected area of the Philippines located about 80 kilometres (50 mi) north of the city centre of Puerto Princesa, Palawan. The river is also called Puerto Princesa Underground River.UNESCO-listed, mountainous national park with a 5-mile subterranean river & caves with boat tours. The national park is located in the Saint Paul Mountain Range on the western coast of the island. It is bordered by St. Paul Bay to the north and the Babuyan River to the east. The City Government of Puerto Princesa has managed the National Park since 1992. The entrance to the subterranean river is a short hike or boat ride from the town Sabang.
On November 11, 2011, Puerto Princesa Underground River was provisionally chosen as one of the New7Wonders of Nature.
When visiting the Puerto Princesa Subterranean River, you need first a confirmed booking schedule before you can gain a visitor entry permit. Basically, there are two main ways on booking a reservation: one is through DIY or Do-It-Yourself booking, and the other one is by contacting a travel agency to locally arrange the tour for you.
Rates and Entrance Fees:
Adult (12 y.o. and above) - PHP 150.00
Minor (3 to 12 y.o.) - PHP 75.00
Senior Citizens and Disabled - PHP 100.00
Underground Express Tour - PHP 1,000 (minimum of 4)
GETTING THERE: Do-It-Yourself Subterranean River Tour
1. From the city proper of Puerto Princesa, the most convenient way is to rent a private van which will cost around PHP 3,500, good for 10 pax, for a two-way trip. You can negotiate with the driver your trip schedule at your own pace. You can also ride the public vans from San Jose Terminal to Sabang Port which costs around PHP 140.
2. Arriving Sabang Port, register first on their tourism office to confirm your booking slot. Please do note that personal ID or physical appearance is required.
3. Hire a boat going to the Entrance of the Underground River. The boat fees are inclusive of round trip transportation already. Your boat will wait for you at the entrance once your tour is finished. Boat Fares are as follows:
PHP 700 - Good for 6 pax
PHP 800 - Good for 7 pax
PHP 900 - Good for 8 pax
4. Arriving the Entrance of the Underground River, drop by the registration area to confirm your schedule. After registering, pass by the Monkey Trail and proceed to the Underground River paddle boat area.
5. Wait for for your tour group to be called to ride the paddle boat and begin the tour. A paddle boat tour can accommodate a maximum of 11 passengers including the boatman. 1 passenger sitting at the front row of the boat will hold a big halogen lamp and will act as the light man throughout the duration of the tour.
Easy and simple steps to follow when visiting the Puerto Princesa Subterranean River.
If your trip will be arranged by a travel agency, the tour guide will be the one to secure everything.
bitLanders is a new kind of social, start and claim your rewards!
- +1.000.000 bitMiles! (~$1)