WRC Rally Monte Carlo 2015 - Highlights
Hat-trick by Volkswagen in the opening round of the World Rally Championship. Very beautiful and interesting race right from the start, the return of Sebastien Loeb has been the attraction for many fans.And immediately the nine-time World Champion prints the best time in the opening SS, the race is immediately interesting and promises to be a good battle between Loeb and Ogier.
The fight for the victory lasts until the last stage of the second day, when Loeb hits a boulder that compromises his great race. In the same special same fate for Meeke who loses a lot in the standings.
Excellent scratchs for Robert Kubica, but due to a crash he loses positions and later, in the penultimate round of the competition, hits a wall between the end of the stage and the time control. Race over.
The third and fourth stage saw the squadron Volkswagen consolidate positions in the standings, with Loeb, Kubica and Meeke dividing each other the best times of the Stages.
This historic result for the German manufacturer, which has a double value since obtained in the race that is worth the season.
Loeb-Elena have shown once again that you do not randomly win nine titles consecutively, if it were not for the crash they would have fought for the podium and maybe even for the victory.
Congratulations to Ogier-Ingrassia for their flawless and World-Champion conduct, and to Latvala and Mikkelsen for not had suffered the pressure of the opponents.
1. Ogier - Ingrassia Volkswagen Polo R WRC 3:36:40.2
2. Latvala - Anttila Volkswagen Polo R WRC +58.0
3. Mikkelsen - Floene Volkswagen Polo R WRC +2:12.3
4. Ostberg - Andersson Citroën DS3 WRC +2:43.6
5. Neuville - Gilsoul Hyundai i20 WRC +3:12.1
6. Sordo - Martí Hyundai i20 WRC +3:12.9
7. Evans - Barritt Ford Fiesta RS WRC +5:23.7
8. Loeb - Elena Citroën DS3 WRC +8:34.7
9. Prokop - Tománek Ford Fiesta RS WRC +9:54.8
10. Meeke - Nagle Citroën DS3 WRC +10:55.6
Filming and editing by the Italian structure RallyCiak Productions.